A JOURNEY THAT HAS BEGUN

ANDAMAN 2021



As I came closer to the end of an era in my life, that too during the pandemic, there are a few things that has forever changed me for the better. The most notable one being, travelling places from the warmth of my room. When I say I visited so many new venues and destinations, I mean it. For example I visited Tagore’s house which is like 50 kms away and I also visited the ruins of my childhood memories. I went back in time for a day and I went to Kashmir during snowfall. Then I took a 15 hr flight to Paris for some freshly baked croissants and a strong aromatic coffee around Moulin Rouge and at that moment till I jerked back to reality within the four walls of my room, I was happy. I was happy because I learnt to beat the pandemic blues and maybe for a little while I was ecstatic at my little adventure. This is one.

Next thing I learned is to observe, my mind and rationality had taken a hit and pretty much actively engrossed on anything and everything going around me. Starting from politics, media, public service, sports to women having to do all the work at home in typical middle class families as if the chores were destined for them. It pained me to witness such a predicament. It hurt to see children being dominated and controlled on groundless factors. It was absolutely heartbreaking to hear about domestic violence reports increasingly looming in the air proceeding each day. But equally it was pleasant to see the newly married couple who just moved in, in the next apartment struggling to bake a cake together, it was fascinating to see Sharma uncle’s once good for nothing kid playing the piano like a pro by watching online tutorials, it was an honour to support the doctors at every step where they risked not just their own life but also their close ones’ too for the sake of other’s families. It was so wholesome being a volunteer and providing food, medical help, oxygen to all who needed, it was encouraging to like and comment on a dance cover made by a mom and daughter duo on Facebook. It was like going back to good old days when catching up with relatives we had lost touch with over time on WhatsApp group video call.


A milestone. A turning point. A history remade. An interception in human existence. And to sum it up a second chance at life that none of us shall take for granted. 


This is me, Srijani, who daydreams most of the time and this is where I will be dumping my not so random and pretty much unique thoughts and rationales. And I hope by now you know this is not just a travel blog where I go places, take pictures and share my experience, that aside, it has much more to it. I believe one can go places without moving an inch, that's how strong a true wanderer's subconscious is. Will post my first blog soon. till then keep supporting and adios!
  

Comments

  1. It is written beautifully 💓😌. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great ❤️ I look forward to reading more form you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you, will try to give quality content. Cheers

      Delete
  3. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaa❤️ I must say, you're the luckiest ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is beautiful , i must say, a feeling of refreshment and relatability has reconciled together after a spending almost a 365 days and more in this pandemic, which in itself i say , you should be proud of. Keep writing more and moving emotions to it;s right place. You know i am there. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just the support I needed. Love you too. Cheers

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALL THE STARS I COULDN'T FATHOM